Workplace Task Force
This task force leads Action Alliance efforts to improve suicide prevention in the workplace. Accomplishments include:
- Comprehensive Blueprint for Workplace Suicide Prevention, an online resource that provides guidance to workplaces on how to develop a comprehensive suicide prevention program.
- A Manager’s Guide to Suicide Postvention in the Workplace, which presents 10 action steps for addressing the aftermath of a suicide.
See also Public Safety Task Force.
Note: This group is no longer active. Titles and affiliations are from the time of membership and may have since changed.
Task Force Members
- Cal Beyer, Director of Risk Management, Lakeside Industries (Private Sector)*
- Sally Spencer-Thomas, PsyD (Private Sector)
- Chris Carlough, Director of Education, International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail & Transportation Workers
- Bernie Dyme, AM, President and CEO, Perspectives Ltd.
- Dennis Gillan, Advocate, Coach, Motivational Speaker, dennisgillan.com
- Jeffrey Gorter, MSW/LMSW, Clinical Director, R3 Continuum
- Donna Hardaker, Program Manager, Workplace Mental Health and Peer Engagement, Sutter Health
- Jodi Jacobson-Frey, PhD, LCSW-C, Associate Professor, School of Social Work, University of Maryland
- David James, CFO, FNF, Inc. Construction
- Mark R. Jones, PhD, Director, Employee Assistance, Union Pacific Railroad*
- Marko Kaar, Director of Safety Operations, Bartlett Brainerd Eacott
- David Kingdon, Assistant Professor, Maui EMS Training Center/University of Hawaii
- Mary McClatchey, Founder and President, WorkSmart Partners
- Maggie Mortali, MPH, Director of Interactive Screening Program, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Felix Nater, CSC, Consultant, Nater Associates, Ltd.
- Candice Porter, MSW, LICSW, Vice President for Outreach and Partnerships, Screening for Mental Health, Inc.
- Bob Swanson, (Retired) President of Swanson & Youngdale, Inc.
- Bob VandePol, MSW, Executive Director, Employee Assistance Program/Church Assistance Program, Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
- Michelle Walker, Vice President of Finance & Administration, Specialized Services Company
- Yousry Zakhary, MA, President & Public Safety Director, International Association of Chiefs of Police*
- Kyle Zimmer, Health & Safety Director and Member Assistance, International Union of Operating Engineers (Local 478)
* Action Alliance Executive Committee member
- Amanda Mosby, MA, Program Manager, University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Social Work