Veteran and Military Suicide Prevention Resources
Video Public Service Announcements
Check out some videos from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and other organizations about reaching out for help.
- 1 Act - encourages family to reach out to Veterans in their life
- Waking Up - Vietnam-era Vet reaching out in moment of crisis
- I'm Good - encourages family to talk with Veterans in their life
Check out a series of videos focused on addressing mental health issues among Veterans, Servicemembers, and their families
- Veterans' Voices - PSA - call for Veterans to see support
- Arthur's Story - video - Vietnam combat Vet speaks of suicidal ideation and recovery
- Jack's Story - video - Vietnam combat Vet speaks of recovery
- Julie's Story - WIFE of Vietnam combat Veteran
- Lisa's Story - WIFE of Vietnam combat Veteran
Please consider promoting the videos through your social media channels.
Veterans Crisis Line: The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 800-273-TALK (8255) and Press 1, chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.
Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS): TAPS provides compassionate care and resources to all those grieving the loss of a military loved one through their national peer support network and connection to grief resources, all at no cost to surviving families and loved ones. Their helpline is available 24/7 at 800-959-8277.
DOD's Military OneSource: The U.S. Department of Defense's Military OneSource is a 24/7 resource for information, answers, and support to help military members reach their goals, overcome challenges, and thrive. Military OneSource provides a variety of support such as tax services, spouse employment help, webinars and online training, relocation and deployment tools, and much more.
Coaching Into Care: National telephone service of the VA aims to educate, support, and empower family members and friends who are seeking care or services for a Veteran. Their goal is to help Veterans, their family members, and other loved ones find the appropriate services at their local VA facilities and/or in their community. They also provide coaching to family and friends.
Military and Veterans Caregiver Network: A program of the American Red Cross that offfers peer-based support and services to connect those providing care to service members and veterans living with wounds, illnesses, injuries and or/aging.
Please consider using some of the sample social media posts below to educate followers about resources and services available for veterans, military service members, and their families.
- If you are struggling, or know someone who is, help is available. Call the Veterans and Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and Press 1
- If you are a veteran, or a family member of a vet, facing challenges in your everyday life. You are not alone! https://maketheconnection.net/
- Help to keep our veterans, service members, and their families safe and well via https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
- There are many ways you can keep a veteran or service member in crisis feel less alone, go to: https://www.mirecc.va.gov/coaching/
- Looking to help and empower a veteran in your life who is struggling? Go to https://maketheconnection.net/ #BeThere
- Show your support to a loved one who is a veteran! Go to https://maketheconnection.net/ #NSPW #Bethere
- We all play an important role in suicide prevention https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/ #Bethere #NSPW
- Connection can make a big difference to someone in crisis. #Bethere for someone today https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
- Help us to educate #veterans and service members about #suicideprevention and mental health resources https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
- Hope is a reality. Help is available. Veterans & service members can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 for toll-free, confidential help.
- Need help finding appropriate services for a veteran in your life? Visit https://www.mirecc.va.gov/coaching/
- Check out and share veterans' stories of recovery! Help to educate and inspire our veterans via https://maketheconnection.net/
- Know a veteran who is struggling? Encourage he/she find the support whenever and wherever https://maketheconnection.net/