Survivors of Suicide Loss Task Force
This task force was charged with developing consensus guidelines for the creation and implementation of effective, comprehensive, support programs for individuals who have been bereaved by suicide. This work culminated with the release of national guidelines for responding to grief, trauma, and distress after a suicide, in April 2015.
Note: This group is no longer active through the Action Alliance*. Titles and affiliations are from the time of membership and may have since changed.
*Those interested in joining the newly formed American Association of Suicidology's Survivors of Suicide Loss Task Force, please contact Vanessa L. McGann, PhD, at email@example.com.
- Franklin Cook, MA, Unified Community Solutions* (Private Sector)
- Karen Moyer, Co-Founder, Chairman, and Vice President, Moyer Foundation (Private Sector)
- John R. (“Jack”) Jordan, PhD, Family Loss Project (Private Sector)
- Larry Berkowitz, EdD, Director, Riverside Trauma Center *
- Julie Cerel, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Social Work, University of Kentucky
- Joanne Harpel, JD, MPhil, Survivor Advocate*
- Doreen S. Marshall, PhD, Senior Director of Education and Prevention, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention*
- Vanessa McGann, PhD, Clinical Psychologist*
- John McIntosh, PhD, Professor & Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Indiana University South Bend
- Robert Neimeyer, PhD, Professor, Department of Psychology, University of Memphis*
- Ken Norton, LICSW, Executive Director, NAMI-New Hampshire
- Sally Spencer-Thomas, PsyD, CEO and Co-founder, Carson J. Spencer Foundation*
* Survivor of suicide loss