Suicide Attempt Survivors Task Force
This task force brought together a diverse group of individuals with lived experience to develop a suicide prevention resource that would convey the voice of attempt survivors. The work of this group culminated with the release of the 2014 report, The Way Forward: Pathways to Hope, Recovery, and Wellness with Insights from Lived Experience, which provides recommendations for suicide prevention informed by the perspectives of suicide attempt survivors.
Note: This group is no longer active. Titles and affiliations are from the time of membership and may have since changed.
- John Draper, PhD, Project Director, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (Private Sector)
- Eduardo Vega, MA Executive Director, Mental Health Association of San Francisco (Private Sector)
- Lilly Glass Akoto, LCSW, Looking In ~ Looking Out, LLC
- Cara Anna, Founder, Talking about Suicide Blog
- Heidi Bryan, Founder, Feeling Blue Suicide Prevention Council and Heidi Bryan Consulting, LLC
- Julie Cerel, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Social Work, University of Kentucky
- Mark Davis, MA, Consumer Advocate
- Linda Eakes, CMPS, New Frontiers, Truman Behavioral Health
- Barb Gay, MA, Executive Director, Foundation 2, Inc.
- Leah Harris, MA, National Empowerment Center
- Tom Kelly, CRSS, CPS, Manager, Recovery and Resiliency, Magellan Health Services of Arizona
- Carmen Lee, Program Director, Stamp Out Stigma
- Stanley Lewy, MBA, MPH, President, Suicide Prevention Association
- DeQuincy Lezine, PhD, President and CEO, Prevention Communities
- Jennifer Randal-Thorpe, CEO, MR Behavior Intervention Center
- Shari Sinwelski, MS, EdS, Director of Network Development, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Sabrina Strong, MPH, Executive Director, Waking Up Alive, Inc.
- CW Tillman, Consumer Advocate
- Stephanie Weber, MS, Executive Director, Suicide Prevention Services of America
* Staff Support: Angela Mark, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration