Research Prioritization Task Force
Formed in November 2013, this task force was charged with developing a prioritized research agenda identifying the strategies that could potentially have the greatest impact in reducing suicide attempts and deaths in the nation. To achieve this goal, the task force carried out a multi-step process that included a stakeholder survey, an analysis of existing research, and the modeling of outcomes. The resulting document, A Prioritized Research Agenda for Suicide Prevention: An Action Plan to Save Lives, was released in 2014.
Note: This group is no longer active. Titles and affiliations are from the time of membership and may have since changed.
- Thomas Insel, MD, Director, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (Public Sector)
- Phillip Satow, Representative, National Council for Suicide Prevention; Chair of the Board, The Jed Foundation (Private Sector)
- Alan Berman, PhD, Executive Director, American Association of Suicidology
- Mary Durham, PhD, Vice President, The Center for Health Research at Kaiser Permanente*
- Saul Feldman, PhD, Chairman Emeritus, United Behavioral Health
- Robert Gebbia, MA, Chief Executive Officer, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- David Grossman, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Preventive Care, Group Health Research
- Michael Hogan, PhD, Independent Advisor and Consultant, Hogan Health Solutions LLC; (Formerly) Commissioner, New York State Office of Mental Health
- Robin Ikeda, MD, MPH, Deputy Director, Office of Non-Communicable, Diseases, Injury and Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Ira Katz, MD, PhD, Senior Consultant, Mental Health Program Evaluation, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Daniel Reidenberg, PsyD, Executive Director, Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
* Asterisk indicates former Task Force Members