Media Messaging Workgroup
This Action Alliance group brings together influential communication leads from our national partners to develop coordinated and consistent messages about suicide prevention. The group is dedicated to ensuring that the suicide prevention field coordinates its efforts to ensure that all messages:
- Are developed and delivered in a coordinated, consistent, and timely way
- Help promote hope and help-seeking (and are aligned with the Framework for Successful Messaging)
- Educate the public about available services, resources, and supports
The Action Alliance convenes the group as needed to respond to data releases, new research, and other events that would benefit from a coordinated response.
Joint statements issued by this group include:
- Joint statement on new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Joint statement on new data from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Joint statement to reporters covering the death of Kate Spade
Task Force Members
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Education Development Center, Inc.
- Entertainment Industries Council, Inc.
- Suicide Awareness of Voices of Education
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- The Trevor Project
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors
- U.S. Department of Defense