Implementation Assessment Advisory Group
Formed in 2014, this advisory group was charged with assessing the implementation of the National Strategy of Suicide Prevention. In 2017, the group released its implementation assessment report, which describes progress to date towards achieving the and offers recommendations for future action. In addition to the report, the group also prepared an addendum describing activities conducted by several federal agencies in support of these goals and objectives.
Note: This group is no longer active. Titles and affiliations are from the time of membership and may have since changed.
Task Force Members
- U.S. Surgeon General (Proxy: RADM Patrick O’Carroll, MD, MPH, FACPM, FACMI, Assistant Surgeon General and HHS Region 10 Administrator, US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) (Public Sector)
- Dan Reidenberg, PsyD, FAPA, FACFEI, CRS, BCPC, CMT, Executive Director, Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE) (Private Sector)
- Brian Boon, Ph.D., President/CEO, CARF International
- Eric Caine, M.D., Ph.D., Chair & John Romano Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Univ. of Rochester Medical Center; PI, Injury Control Research Center for Suicide Prevention
- Bill Crowley, M.S., Director of Program Evaluation, US Department of Defense
- Ira Katz, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Consultant for Mental Health Program Evaluation, US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Richard McKeon, Ph.D., Chief, Suicide Prevention Branch, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, HHS
- Jane Pearson, Ph.D., Chair, NIMH Suicide Research Consortium, Division of Services and Intervention Research, National Institutes of Health, HHS
- Phil Rodgers, Ph.D., Vice President of Design, Development, & Evaluation, LivingWorks Education, Inc.