Changing the Conversation Priority Group
This priority group was created to advance the Action Alliance priority area of improving messaging about suicide prevention. To advance this work, the Action Alliance formed the Changing the Conversation priority group which consists of leaders from key sectors that craft and disseminate narratives about suicide and mental health along with suicide prevention messaging experts. The goal of this group is to facilitate a change in the way the nation discusses suicide prevention through a strategic plan that focuses on three priority audiences: entertainment, media and newsrooms, and suicide prevention messengers.
Note: This group is no longer active. Titles and affiliations are from the time of membership and may have since changed.
- Jack Benson, MBA, Partner, Reingold (Private Sector)
- Mark Weber, MBA, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, Human Services, Public Affairs Office, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (Public Sector)
- Mark Custer, Director, Reingold
- Marie Dyak, Chief Executive Officer, Entertainment Industries Council, Inc.
- April Foreman, Suicide Prevention Coordinator, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Bobbi Hautpmann, Media Relations Specialist, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Wendy Lakso, Deputy Director for Partnerships, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dan Reidenberg, PsyD, FAPA, Executive Director, Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Stephanie Rogers, Vice President of Communications, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Kim Ruocco, Vice President of Suicide Prevention and Postvention, Tragedy Assistance Program For Survivors
- Katherine Warrick, Director of Outreach and Engagement, Defense Suicide Prevention Office, U.S. Department of Defense - DoD Liaison