From Pain to Promise: Addressing Opioids & Suicide in Communities Across America
The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention (Action Alliance) and EDC are co-hosting a timely event, From Pain to Promise: Addressing Opioids & Suicide in Communities across America (link is external), on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 from 3:00-5:30 p.m. in Washington, D.C.
The event will bring together public and private sector thought leaders to discuss potential solutions to reduce the burden of “deaths of despair,” restore hope, and save lives in communities across the country.
Featured panelists include:
- Dr. Alex Crosby, Senior Medical Advisor on Suicide Prevention, Division of Violence Prevention (DVP), National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Arthur C. Evans, Chief Executive Officer, American Psychological Association
- Ms. Brooke Feldman, Mental Health and Addiction Recovery Advocate; Blogger, Huffington Post, Voice of Lived Experience
- Mr. Patrick Kennedy, Founder, The Kennedy Forum; Member, President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis, Executive Committee Member, Action Alliance
- Mr. Gary Langis, Substance Abuse Prevention Consultant, EDC; Voice of Lived Experience
- Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz, Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Dr. Jerry Reed, Senior Vice President, EDC; Executive Committee Member, Action Alliance
- Ms. Kay Warren, Co-founder, Saddleback Church; Executive Committee Member, Action Alliance
This event is sold out, however, you can participate by following the live discussion on Twitter using the hashtag: #pain2promise.