Action Alliance Virtual Press Event
Access the event recording here.
Over the past decade, the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention (Action Alliance) has served as the nation’s only public-private partnership for suicide prevention bringing together leaders from diverse sectors to prioritize suicide prevention at the national level. Embedded into the collective work of the Action Alliance, and its 2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention, has been a strong commitment to strengthening messages of hope, connectedness, and resiliency—which have been shown to be protective factors against suicide.
In recognition of its 10th anniversary and its continued work with influential leaders from diverse industries to drive change, the Action Alliance hosted a virtual press event that:
- reinforced the important role all sectors of society—including news, entertainment and technology industries—play in suicide prevention;
- highlighted new and timely national survey data about the public’s perception about suicide prevention and mental health;
- spoke to the urgency of these issues, especially in the wake of COVID-19; and
- announced innovative new tools from private sector partners that have the power to change behaviors, influence perceptions, and save lives.
Event speakers included:
- Ms. Noopur Agarwal, Vice President for Social Impact, ViacomCBS Entertainment & Youth Group, and Executive Committee Member, National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- Ms. Colleen Carr, Director, National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention, Education Development Center
- Ms. Jennifer Redmon, Chief Data Evangelist, Cisco
- Mr. Mark Weber, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and Executive Committee Member, National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention